Top Ten things we Know about Real Dogs
1. It’s all chew toys to them (no concept of artifacts)
2. Amoral (no right vs wrong, only safe vs dangerous)
3. Self-interested ( no desire to please)
4. Lemon-brains (i.e. small and less convoluted brains that learn through operant and classical conditioning)
5. Predators (search,chase,bite,dissect and chew all strongly wired)
6. Highly social (bond strongly and don’t cope well with isolation)
7. Finite socialisation period (fight or flight when not socialised to some social stimulus category.
8. Opportunistic scavengers (if it’s edible and within reach eat it NOW)
9. Resolve conflicts through ritualised aggression (never write letters to editor, never sue)
10. Well developed olfactory system.